Friday, March 14, 2014

Inspiraton

Even though for the most part, I have been writing all along, my efforts are pathetic. Or maybe not, I just never finish things. I am still working on two books, and actually a third. But, I never finish. 

I need to get better at this.  I just read "Country Girl:A Memoir" by Edna O'Brien.  I had read "Country Girls" years ago, and some of her other books through the years.  I recently read "Country Girls, a Trilogy" which also included "The Lonely Girl" and "Country Girls in Their Wedded Bliss".  

I have really liked everything I have read by her.  Her life is quite interesting. What strikes me is how close in age she is to my Mother. Both born in 1930, and what drastically different lives they had. One of the biggest reasons, in my opinion, is Ms O'Brien's desire to write. 

Reading it as made me think yet again about why I need to be more motivated and not quite. Not have such gaps, either on this blog, or other endeavors.  So I will try.

No comments: