Monday, July 25, 2005

Another hot week

After a hot hot weekend, we are having another hot day today. But, I just checked the forescast for the week and am happy to see:

Scott Connell's Weather Plus Forecast

EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING in effect through this evening

Monday: Partly to mostly sunny. Highs from 98 to 102. Heat indices again from 110 to 120.

Tonight: Partly cloudy and quite warm. Lows in the upper 70s to around 80.

Tuesday: Partly cloudy with thunderstorms arriving during the afternoon. Some may be severe. Highs in the low to mid 90s.

Wednesday: Showers and thundestorms possible in the morning. Becoming partly cloudy and much nicer. Highs around 80.

Thursday and Friday: Partly cloudy. Highs in the mid to upper 80s.

from http://www.ksdk.com

I hope this happens.

Saturday TR helped a friend move - all day. I stayed home and did some stuff around the house, but, not a lot.

Sunday was a lazy day for us all. Made brunch and actually cooked - figured the kitchen was already hot, what the heck. Made Quiche Lorraine - which everyone loves. Also had salad and watermelon. My dad gave me one friday and it is just the thing. I always forget how much I love watermelon, when I was pregnant I craved it. So the WC loves it as well. For some reason TR doesn't like it much. Never have understood that.

Got the days routines done. Got started late on laundry and have a load finishing up now - but, that means hanging it out in the hottest part of the day. Might let it sit, and rerinse and hang it first thing tomorrow.

Am working on menu planning today - we eat well but, I haven't been working from any kind of plan, so am going to give that a shot. I really want to start using coupons. I hear so many claim they save a ton, and it seems to me like a game. Am searching on line about that and reading up.

Might have to up the dose of the guaifenesin. I seem to have a hit the feeling bad time. Although not as bad as I have had flares before. And it might be the heat. Will be rereading a bit on that.

Dinner tonight - is going to be grilled steak, grilled potatoes, salad and grilled corn. Fruit for dessert. It is way to hot to cook in the house today.

Actually some of the best things I want to do are being stopped because of heat.

A good time to stay cool and read or something.

Will work on lesson plans and website. Need to get book reviews for a bunch of books written and for one place on the group (religious group) with Amazon codes. Also, I do weddings for people and need to get that website finished. So far has been by word of mouth and a few listings I have around the net. Just booked a new one Saturday for December. So, I really need to work on that. And, I think I will as soon as I am done soon.

Am working with some other moms in setting up a local homeschooling group. There are a couple local groups now, but they are very Christian. One makes you sign a statement of faith. The other is apparently for Christians who aren't Christian enough for the first. I am not making that up. The funniest thing I have ever seen in the years I have been involved with homeschooling, both online and in real life is the fights between so called Christians. We want a group where religion is not involved at all. We already have a local Pagan parenting group covering that. Found a place to meet weekly. Am pretty excited about this.


Hope your day is wonderful!

Janet

No comments: