Friday, July 22, 2005

I won't say TGIF, but, I really wanna.

Actually, I don't know why I am happy it is Friday - it has been an okay week and all, I guess it is that I want the hot weather to end and for some reason I just wanna get through to Monday when the weather folk are it will break.

Here's a funny - When she was three, the Wild Child was asked what she wanted to be when she grew up. "A Weather Girl!!!!" she replied. "a Weather Girl?" I asked. "yes" "why?" expecting I don't know what. She then beamed and said "Cause I will do a better job making the weather than Cinny Pretzle does." (Cindy Pressler is a St Louis TV Meteorologist). It took a lot of explaining, and a lot of books, videos, etc to convince that the tv weather people report it and don't make it.

Got out early and ran some errands and then came home to find a local plumbing company blocking the drive with the street torn up (this has been going on all week - they get out and jackhammer at 7 am) and had the chance to bitch them out as they are not fixing it today, and leaving three parking slots messed up. That's a big deal here as we need the space - it sucks to park a block away. The drive is a shared drived and we don't park in it - use it to unload. Our houses were built way before cars and the shared drive is common in the older neighborhoods that don't have alleys - one of my biggest pet peeves is we don't have one. Apparently it was closed up years ago and the various houses took their bit back into yard. Plus, I got to call the mayor's office and bitch which is always fun.

Working like a beaver on school stuff. I love the new curriculum we are going to use this year and am having a lot of fun getting ready.

Here's a great tip - I have naturally curly hair, which means my hair is on the dry side. So, I don't really like to wash it daily if I don't need to. But, if I don't the curl looks flat and all. Now, several companies sell "curl revitalizers" but, my homemade potion works better. Take 6 ounces spring water - you could boil tap for five minutes to get ride of impurities - and put in a sprayer bottle you can find in most any store . Add 1/4 teaspoon magnesium sulfate (epsom salts) and add to the bottle (you could use really finely ground epsom salts which are commonly sold for bath salts), and several drops of essential oils. I like a rosemary/peppermint/hyssop blend, three or four drops of each. Shake well. To use, shake and then spritz your hair really well. Then crunch your curls and let drive. The oil blend I use is a real waker upper - a great refresher on a hot day. It really makes my hair look great, brings back the curl and reactivates the light gel I use.

I found great planner pages for my control journal at http://www.thehomeschoolmom.com/gettingorganized/planner.php Despite the name of the site, I wasn't that impressed with the homeschool pages for our needs, but, I really like her homemaking pages.

Got the desk and office area done yesterday.

So far doing pretty good on the quaifenesin. I get tired at night but I think that is normal and am sleeping well. Minor aches but can't complain. This might just be the answer.

Dinner is undecided. I might grill some chicken breasts and veggies on the gas grill and serve it with salad and focaccia bread I have in the freeze and just need to thaw. No dessert tonight as we are going to be having a lot of chocolate later on at a "chocolate ritual". Yum

Stay cool, stay hydrated and have a great weekend.

Janet

1 comment:

Barefoot Domestic Goddess said...

yeah, it won't give curl where it isn't. LOL. If I could invent that one, wow.

My red is enhanced - I have naturally kind of a mousey brownish red - the red comes in the sun and such. Actually I have been enhancing so long I don't know for sure what my natural color is.

Thanks for stopping by. I am new to the world of blogs for the most part. Look forward to checking out yours as your MW posts are so witty.