Friday, December 29, 2006

What Price Beauty?

I have had some email from readers (and I love email, or you can comment on the blog and I will respond) curious about if this is all about high end, high priced products. The answer is no, and, yes. I am a beauty junkie. I freely admit that. I use high end products that work and seem worth the price to me. But, I use bargain products as well. I am a big fan of bathing -and, I will also freely confess to being a Lush Lover, I buy all kinds of bath products. I have found some killer bubble baths at the all kinds of places. Including but not limited to Target, Wal-Mart and Dollar Tree. Yes, Dollar Tree -they have all kinds of great beauty stuff - you have to watch what you are buying. Hair thingies and clips, head bands, bath brushes, sponges and stuff as well as some terrific body butter. I am a body lotion/cream/butter fiend. I think the body butter sold at Dollar Tree is good, as good or better than other higher priced products. In fact, I have seen this same body butter (and scrub) sold in a catalogue for 20.00 for 2 scrubs and 2 butters.

The past two years for the holidays, my young daughter has made me "spa baskets" that have a lot of stuff from her favorite store, Dollar Tree. This years included 5 body butters - I really use this stuff folks and will use it all up in a year or less. This years scents included jasmine, passionfruit, aloe vera, tangerine and olive/sage. I was especially happy to get the jasmine as one of my favorite bath ballistics from Lush, which I use mostly as a treat not as a daily thing due to the cost, is the Sex Bomb, which is jasmine/rose/ylang ylang. The one thing about Lush, their stuff smells incredible and is very good, but, they really don't have matching things -ie no body lotion/cream for each ballistic. I took the jasmine body butter, and broke out my essential oil collection, and added some rose and ylang ylang - not exactly the Lush blend, but, it smells pretty close and pretty darn good to me. Also in the basket was some new poofs, (she loves them so much) some bath fizzies, a new headband, some foot buffers, some spa face cloths, a bath brush, some nice fuzzy soft slipper socks and slippers (another thing I love) and then some Lush goodies and a Philosophy 3 in 1 bath gel in Enpowerment. My daughter obviously knows what Mama likes. And she is a bath addict as well.

No comments: