Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Not too bad. Just over a week. And a busy week it has been. I have spent time trying to master my camera (don't ask). I have also been spending time reading blogs. And what fun that is. I have learned a lot!

I learned that my eye makeup skills are in need of work. Now, I have worn eye makeup for many years. I can actually do a superb basic eye. But, I tend to wear browns, taupes, etc. almost all the time. If I wear shadow at all. I actually use a bit of concealer a lot and then a little liner, mascara and brow makeup. Recently, I read somewhere, maybe on Total Beauty, that not wearing eyeshadow is aging. Wow! I never thought of that. So I have resolved to do better. I have learned a great deal this week, especially from the blog Beauty's Bad Habit (OMG!!! Is she a talented MUA or what?).

And one fun thing happened. Rick, my beloved husband of almost 15 years, is fascinated with makeup. He doesn't want to wear it. He wants to play MUA. On me. What fun! And I mean that. He and I enjoy Face/Off, the reality show for theatrical MUAs and we have enjoyed another show about regular MUAs in the the past. And Project Runway and RuPaul's Next Drag Queen as well as America's Next Top Model. Today, we had fun at CVS looking at eye shadow palettes. He picked out a Revlon one and a Milani Eyeliner. And had some fun picking out some NYX palettes on Cherry Culture. This could end up being the BEST thing I have every done. I got him interested in makeup and being obsessed with buying it. When my camera skills improve I will post his work.

No comments: