Monday, March 28, 2011

Wow!

I am so amazed at the quality of the Nyx Eye Shadows. I know it gets raves from a lot of bloggers, but, I had to try it myself. So astounding for the price. Screw the price, at any price, this is excellent shadow. So soft, so creamy, so pigmented. I love it!!

I love Urban Decay, but, some UD is just a wee bit too sparkly. Especially for daytime. But, the Nyx is perfect. I used the brown shade from the Strike a Pose palette, over the Milk Crayon, (blended well) over Too Faced Shadow Insurance as my base. I used a bit of the white shade in palette as highlight. Then I brushed a bit of the purple shade near my upper and lower lash line. Then I lined upper and lower with a black crayon, a fine line, and then Milk in the waterline. Finished it off with a blend of Tarte Brow Powder in brown, with a bit of the Nyx Brow Powder in the lighter red and two coats of Sephora Mascara.

The eyes aren't nearly as intense as that sounds when I describe it. The rest of my face is simple, Tarte Illuminating Serum mixed with Philosophy's The Present Clear Make Up, a dab of Boi-ing Concealer where I need it, and a bit of Cover Girl's Ageless Cream Blush in the Plum Shade, (this color isn't dark and looks very natural). Finished with Revlon ColorStay Mineral LipGlaze in Forever Fig.

Fragrance of the day is Cannabis Rose by Fresh. Hair is up and back with black leggings and a black tee. Silver studs, a purple scarf with little peace symbols, black and purple skull socks and Payless toning sneakers.

I look great and I bet Rick thinks so too! My new adventures exploring Drugstore makeup is fun and really paying off. The quality of what you can get at the Drugstore now just blows my mind.

No comments: