Thursday, February 08, 2007

This and That

Thanks for the emails everyone. It looks like people like the cosmetic posts, but, want to see homekeeping stuff as well. Okay, you know what? So do I! So, I will combine them and we will see how that goes. Although some of the makeup (did you know the slang for makeup is slap in the UK? I LOVE that!) posts may be stand alones. I am working on getting an rss feed - those of you on the group will be getting daily (or near daily) posts about when the blog is up.

Today is another cold day here in the Midwest. I am so ready for Spring, which I thought the old groundhog said would be early. We'll see I guess. And since there really is nothing we can do about it anyway, we are trying to make the best of it.

I am working on revamping my Control Journal - Hah! - when am I not working on that. I am close to having some downloads on that for those who have been waiting so patiently.

The Rock is away a couple days on business so the Wild Child and I are muddling through. When it is just us girls a lot of times we have what we call "You Pick Dinner Night". Which means we eat what we want, when we want. Although I do approve hers - no just eating candy or ice cream and calling it dinner here. I am actually thinking of pizza, but, the day is early and I might just hit the freezer and come up with something.

My nails are growing like mad and getting stronger. I bought some Sally Hansen Complete Care 4 - in 1 Treatment a couple weeks ago and have been using it. It really seems to work and I just love it when that is the case. I found it at Walgreens -it is available all over.

Products doing what they are said to is my biggest issue. I will pay more for results. Case in point - I have been using Sebastian's Potion No 9. I used this years back and loved it, I really can't think why I stopped. About a month or so ago, I realized that the winter cold and the indoor central heating was really doing a number on my hair. Dry, frizzy, yuck. Then Potion No 9 popped into my head and I ordered some from Drugstore.com and it was just like falling in love all over again. Magic stuff this is. It is called wearable treatment and that it is. It is so much more than just a leave in conditioner. My hair is so revitalized. It smells incredible and doesn't leave my hair oily or dirty feeling, which is something that seems to happen with other leave ins. It just feels wonderful. No frizz. My natural curl really comes out and looks nice. And a little goes a long way, so a tube lasts a long time. I am not going to let this amazing product leave my routine again!

No comments: