Monday, November 06, 2006

Chilly and Raining

What a cold dreary day. Had to run out to the bank and the supermarket to get stuff for a breakfast/goodie basket for my election judges tomorrow. Worth the effort as I have good judges and being an election judge is hard work. Hope the rain clears so more people will get out and vote tomorrow.

Had computer issues starting Friday afternoon. My daughter plays on NeoPets. Heck I used to, but, I don't think any of us had since last Spring, maybe late Winter. About 2 weeks ago, she decided to start again, and Friday afternoon the computer shut down for no reason, okay, on Thursday for no reason my network connections where gone and I had to reinstall the DSL. So when the computer came back up my antivirus went nuts and I had over 200!!!! According to a geeky friend who knows, he says it is from Neopets (we have/had a firewall and all) and that meant I had to restore everything, which sucks. I actually had to do it twice cause for some reason after the first time, it wouldn't boot so I had to do it again. Everytime I set it to do automatic updates for Windows it won't reboot - this has been an ongoing problem since last summer when I put on a new hard drive. If anyone has any ideas, send them my way.

Have been reading Martha's Homekeeping book and I really do love, love, love it. It has so much great info! I know I will use it all the time. Have to give a thought to doing some desk top reorganization though. It is a big book. LOL

Taking a break from calling my voters, will start again about 6. Dinner tonight is cheating and using a Banquet Frozen Salisbury Steak. I know - but both DH and DD think this is the best entree ever and we have it once in a while. DD had it at a friends and when I was in the hospital this summer, she pretty much stayed with my parents during the week and came home to stay with him on weekends. One day he took to the grocery store to shop and she picked it out. It was fine by him and then she was telling me later that evening at the hospital how good it was and wanted it again at the store. I keep a couple of those and some Stouffer's frozen lasagna in the freezer for those certain days. Seemed like a good thing to have on a cold day when I really didn't feel like cooking as I have too much to do. - I bake it in the regular oven and am serving it with mashed potatoes, green beans, rolls, and green salad.

DH will probably go to bed way early tonight as he worked all weekend and he is an election judge tomorrow, has to be there by 5. I am planning on catching up on Desperate Housewives. I recorded every episode this season but haven't watched any yet.

We had company yesterday and I cleaned Saturday so the house still looked great today. Just a little once over. Got several loads of laundry done and folded, but, never took them upstairs to put away. Will do that here in a bit.

Take a minute and vote tomorrow - it is an important election!

No comments: