Friday, November 03, 2006

It's Here!!!!

It came. Martha Stewart's Homekeeping Handbook, The Essential Guide to Caring for Everything in Your Home. Wow - all I can say is Wow. It look's like it is everything I hoped it would be. It is also quite attractive. The cover photo is printed on the book cover, the dustcover is clear plastic with the name and inside info printed in blue. I was flipping through it quickly and I really like the way it is organized. I know what I will be doing this afternoon!

I love the book Home Comforts and it sits on my desk and I use it often. But, I really have to say the style of Martha's book is much friendlier, the author of Home Comforts is an attorney and it shows. Now, I actually worked as a legal secretary and assistant many years ago, the style doesn't necessarily bother me, but, I have heard others comment that it is written like a law book. Martha's book is in the tone of her other books. In the forward, Martha says that she was given a copy of Mrs. Beeton's book back in 1961 and always liked looking at homemaking books, So do I. I have a copy of Mrs. Beeton's and various other old books. Will have to get them all together I suppose and spend some time with the old ones again. But, after I have been through Martha's.

No comments: