Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Where does the time go?

Here it is, November 1. Hard to believe, but, the calendar says so. I am actually kind of excited today. November is the month of NaNoWriMo which you can find at http://www.nanowrimo.org/

I have wanted to do this for years, but, never signed up until this year. I am working on getting today's done. To write 50,000 words in a month you need about 1700 per day, more is better and you need to figure out if you are going to do it Monday to Friday or include weekends. What I am doing is going with my momentum and then will figure out in a couple of weeks where I am and then adjust. Daily counts, as you all might imagine, freak me out. Just the "Daily" part is probably drawing chuckles. Ah, well, I can only give it a go.

This is a busy month for me. I just got 150 boxes of Girl Scout cookies yesterday to be delivered for some and some sold. We order like that as DH finds it easier to sell at work if he has the boxes of cookies with him, rather than take orders. It is for a good cause. My daughter just loves being a Girl Scout, actually, she is a Brownie and in her final year of that.

Then there is the election. I am a precinct committeeman and have to finish getting literature out this week and then start my phone calls this weekend. Between Saturday and Monday night, I call all the registered voters in my precinct (of my party) and remind them to vote and see if they need a ride to the polling place. Call people really gets the vote out. But, it makes for a busy week. I am really nervous about this election. I know how I want it to go, how I really think it will, but, I am so worried about potential election fraud/voter machine mischief (not in my state or local area but nationally) that sometimes it just makes me sick to my stomach.

Last night was Halloween and my darling daughter was a Fire Fairie. She was totally adorable. A Fire Fairie is a fairie dressed in reds, oranges, pinks, etc. She was so cute. I can't get over it. There probably won't be too many years left for her to Trick or Treat. I will miss it.

This is the time of year (November 1) when I start really planning the holidays. I always think I will start in July or so, but, never do. Thanksgiving first. Luckily the menu is pretty standard year to year. The difference this year is that my Mother wants to have it at her house, for the last 10 it has been here. So, there will be some changes, and I won't be cooking the turkey for the first time in a decade. I am kind of disapointed to be honest; but, my Dad doesn't want to leave home and then go home after dinner. So we change.

More later today. I am along with the NaNoWriMo keeping my blog window open and have some more stuff I want to post about.

No comments: