Thursday, November 02, 2006

Something really cool

Today Yahoo launched a new site that I have been exploring this morning. Yahoo Food at http://food.yahoo.com/ is really nice. It has so much there, kind of a great one stop beginning to finding all kinds of food and recipe information. Except for a recipe for pork chops, which is what's for dinner here this evening. Oh, well, they have a Martha section so you know I like it anyway. If anybody has any ideas on pork chops let me know. I like to try new things now and then, but, will probably just end up making DH's favorite smothered chops.


Pretty day today. A bit chilly, but, it is actually fall the way I like it. Fall is just so brisk. I guess that it inspires me. Doing just fine on the NaNoWriMo. I am actually amazed at myself.

Today's agenda is light housekeeping - ie just my basic daily stuff. I pretty much model on the Fly Lady stuff. I do like her ideas for the most part. I just don't like the shoe shit. I am sitting here comfy in my new slippers. I finally found them, they are velor booties, little ankles ones that are softy and cushy, and just hug my ankles in cushy warmth. I had some a couple years ago and then couldn't find any I liked at a price I would pay for slippers. So I found them the other day at Walmart. I plan on buying several pairs and putting them up for when these wear out. They only have them for the holiday shopping season. These have rubber soles so you can run out in the yard and all and not worry. The last pair I had washed well a few times, no dryer, but eventually fell apart. I am declaring them the official slipper of the Barefoot Domestic Goddess. They come this year in black (my choice) and pink. Which I will pick up a pair of when I stock up as it makes the Wild Child so happy when Mama wears pink. You know I pretty much wear all black, but, thanks to her I do add some color in periodically.

More to come.

No comments: